Both pupils in Years 10 and 11 follow the Edexcel History GCSE course. Pupils will cover a range of units which form different sections of the GCSE. Below is a list of all the units they will cover:
Paper 1 – Year 10
- Medicine c1250 – present day
- The British sector of the Western Front, 1914–18: injuries, treatment and the trenches.
Paper 2 – Year 11
- Early Elizabethan England 1558 – 88
- Superpowers relations and the Cold War, 1941-91
Paper 3 -Year 10
- Weimar and Nazi Germany 1918-1939
As part of the course we run trip to Krakow in Poland for pupils to visit Schindler’s factory museum and Auschwitz Concentration Camp. This allows pupils to experience first hand what it was like to live during the Second World War.